Do you have one of those foods that you could eat endless supplies of? Mine is tacos. And pizza. But for performance foods AND tastiness, my body has a love affair with sweet potatoes. My friends tease me for it, and I seriously question how I haven’t taken on the shade of an Oompa Loompa .
For my weekly meal prep, I regularly roast up broccoli, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. It’s easy and OH SO delicious. Roast any vegetable and I’m totally okay with it. During the month of February (and slightly into March), I completed the Whole 30. Meal prepping went to a whole new level when you have to look for added sugars, no legumes, no dairy, etc. I like to think that I eat relatively clean anyway, but I had to get creative!
One of my favorite go-to meals was SO easy and my boyfriend (who did NOT complete the Whole 30 with me) LOVED it.
Crockpot Meat Sauce
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (Whole 30 compliant..I LOVED Raos Homemade)
- 1 box of mushrooms chopped
- 1 lb ground meat of choice
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- handful of fresh basil chopped
Seriously just throw that shit in the crockpot on low for 6 hours and you’re in heaven. I would usually pour it over spaghetti squash, but I was recently reunited with my spiralizer and tried sweet potato noodles!! Oh my gosh. GAME CHANGER.
I present to you
- Peel two sweet potatoes
- Spiralize the shit out of said sweet potatoes
- Sautee over medium heat with olive oil and garlic powder for 7-10 minutes